- great product Review by wasabi
- I wanted to wait a while until I put my review in so I could have ample time to use it. I bought my omega with silver vein in Sep 2012. It has worked flawlessly. I use a 3.5ml tank, and I couldn't be happier. I still have my 2 original batteries and they still provide plenty of juice to power it. The only problem I have is putting it down and that altsmoke continues to run out of my favorite 3 juices. This unit is built wonderfully. I've only had to clean it once. I do recommend using a metal anti seize on the threads so they don't bind up. Altsmoke says to use nolox but I used a nickel base anti seize, and haven't had to reapply it since day one. I highly recommend buying one of these as opposed to just a cheaper battery mod like a ego. You will only need one Omega and never have to replace it...ever, unless you lose it. (Posted on 4/16/13)
- I love this Mod!!!! Review by Robert
- I had the hardest time paying almost $100 for a PV...but I've got so tired of buying cheap mods and then spending big $$ replacing parts or the entire device after it broke in a few weeks. So did some research and the Omega kept coming up as something I might not be able to destroy. I love this Mod!!!! it is heavy, well made and not much that can break on it. At work I get my tools, an everything else beat up and too often wet...even after ending up submerged in a puddle of water for a good 1/2 hour I dried it off, changed the battery and carto and it still worked great. I chose the Omega because it was mechanical, and switches generally do not handle my world very well. The maintenance on this is easy. I really believe this is going to end up being the least expensive PV I ever owned, and can honestly see it being my main PV for years to come. I should mention that if you chain vape like I do, the spring will give your thumb or fingers a good workout by the end of the day. (Posted on 12/29/12)
- Toughness at a price Review by Aaron S.
- I've used my original Omega for over 2 years now. It was my only unit until I tried a smaller PV and fell in love with that. The omega is a really solid device, but it has some drawbacks. While if is exceptionally well made, it is very heavy and bulky. This is not a device that you will carry around in a shirt pocket. It will primarily end up on a desk or table. Next, the idea of a mechanically activated mod sounds great. However, the push to activate top is an ergonomic disaster. You end up gripping the device either too tightly in order to use your thumb to push down the top, or placing your pinky on the bottom to squeeze the device between it and your thumb. Either way, the end effect is lasting hand fatigue. Part of this problem is that with no type of feedback (a click) that a button usually provides, your natural tendency is to over compress the switch. I still use my Omega, but it has become a backup to my regular PV and is not something I carry around. (Posted on 12/27/12)
- Poor Review by Nate
So i'm not the one to bad mouth things, but i bought this thing thinking you get what you pay for. It worked fine for like 3 months then i had problems. The innards are poorly designed. I even sent it back in to have it repaired, it only lasted another 2 months. This Mod is a mistake and will for sure cause you heartache and money.
AltSmoke Response: It's a mechanical mod and does need to be taken apart and put back together for maintenance every few months. It can be troublesome, did you watch the video on how to take it apart? (Posted on 10/9/12)
- Great 18650 Mod! Review by poconojo
- I am glad I purchased this device. The build quality is top notch. The threads are very well machined and the plunger type switch hits every time. I can not believe this mod is under 100 dollars. Altsmoke is a great company. I ordered the BB last time. Now the Omega. Next will be the SB and the alpha so I will have them all. Great purchase! Well worth the money. Thanks Altsmoke! (Posted on 9/15/12)
- Incradible!! Review by AngeLsLuv
- I've had my Omega for a while now and all I need to say is that it is incredible!! Being a manual e-cig mod is the best of all the aspects.. Not only do you need not worry about it wearing out, but you can also fix it without needing to be an electritian.. The price is wonderful and would have expected it would seel for more.. Thank You AltSmoke!! (Posted on 5/17/12)
- Wow Review by Bryan
I've had a silver bullet for nearly two years. Unfortunately between flooding and cleaning it (probably a bit too roughly at times), the silica gasket first mushroomed then ripped. I didn't have a backup so couldn't just send it in for repair. Instead I bought an Omega v1.1.
Wow is right. First thing I did was took it apart just to inspect it. The design is superb and it's an all around well built device. Cleaning will be worry free as they replaced the silica piece with plastic. I imagine I'll eventually have to RMA and replace the spring, plastic washer (the part that keeps the pin from touching the battery until you press the top), and possibly the pin. But if I maintain it well, that won't happen for a long time if at all.
The main thing I like about this compared to the Silver Bullet is the mechanical aspect. I don't have to worry about the button/switch going out (though that's still fine on my SB, and I won't have to worry about the problem I mentioned above.
Also, it just seems like a better vape. Maybe it has to do with the direct connection to the battery instead of the SB setup (batt to stud, wire from stud to switch, wire from switch to atty peg)
The really bad thing about all this is I had to hurry and buy the Omega and they didn't have what I wanted in stock (silver vein), so I had to settle for black. I did call them about it and it was explained to me that they're all tooled, and that it could be a week or two before they get what I want in. It sucks for me but what could I do? Obviously demand for Altsmoke's devices is high.
All in all though, I'll give the Omega 4.5 out of 5 stars. The only negative being the lack of stock. Keep up the great work guys! (Posted on 4/22/12)
- blown away :) Review by cheyenne
- i am a noob when it comes to vaping i wasnt sure what difference if any there would be in a big battery mod. iv only been vaping a few months, i got started on a blu starter kit , after a few too many purchases thru blu i upgraded to an eGo T which was ok, i later removed the tanks and started dripping into LR 510 which was better. so i decided that if i was going to be dripping id try a mod at 3.7 volts w/ a lr 306. i wanted an apex alpha ultramax but after watching a few too many reviews it lost its appeal, so my search began for a better fully mechanical mod which lead me to altsmoke ( great vendor easy q&a w/ live help chat ) which is awesome for noobs like myself :) and i cannot get enough of the omega much warmer vapor than i expected from 3.7 volts, i feel like this is the vape iv been looking for. thanks altsmoke you guys are awesome :) much ♥ (Posted on 2/14/12)
- Just Right Review by neverendingshelf
- This is probably the only ecig that I have used that I can see myself using on a daily basis. The Omega is just the right size. Not too big... no too small. Just right for me and needs. The one thing that really sets the Omega apart for me is the functionality. Just press down the head portion of the Omega and you are good to go. Plenty of vapor. All around a great product. (Posted on 2/13/12)
- Still going strong after one year Review by Michael
I've had my Omega now for well over a year and it was my only device. I'm a heavy vaper and I have used my Omega constantly. It's been dropped, tossed, sat on, stepped on, exposed to various chemicals, been in the harshest weather, nothing phases it.
I got the black finish and the finish is showing signs of wear just as any finish would after a year of abuse.
I do have to take it apart and clean it on a regular basis, just as I would any unit (probably about once a month), and I did wear out the pin cover once and had to get a replacement (that little piece of plastic that encircles the top battery contact).
After a year of continuous use, it still works like a new one.
Way to go Altsmoke crew! The Omega is built like a tank. (Posted on 1/15/12)