- Amazing quality. Review by D.Nelson
Everything has been said, therefor, all I will say is I should have gotten this as my first mod and saved myself money, and time.
Quality is top notch, and it is a beautiful mod. (Posted on 3/23/13)
- Beautiful Mod Review by Steven
- Just got mine in and must say it is a sweet "little" mod. Just what I wanted for those times I'm just running around town for a few hours. I got tired of taking my heavy Zmax with me every time I went to the store or to visit friends for an hour or two and that things a beast. Love the quality of this and mostly the light weight and small size. I see why this is still around when most mods are fazed out on many other sites after they are year or less old. I Highly recommend it. (Posted on 3/15/13)
- Best buy I have made Review by william
- Let me start by saying it is not to big for what I wanted it is about the size of 2 ego 650 mahs put together. I put a dual cart tank on this and I am loving it. Massive vap. Easy to use and the build quality is awesome. (Posted on 3/23/12)
- After Two Years it's Time to Write a Review Review by Pete
I figured I'd let all the new toy enthusiasm wear off and put the BB through its paces before I wrote my review. This is a review of the BB with the passthrough option. Maybe I'm wrong, but it looks like the passtthrough isn't available anymore? Too bad for you. Lucky for me. It was designed and built every bit as well as the rest of the unit.
I'm a heavy vaper and my BB rarely leaves my hand. I don't take couple vapes and put it down. I vape constantly. Except for a few days worth of vaping with another toy or two, the BB has been my only PV for the last 2 years. I'm sure I've far exceeded the 200,000 cycles the switch is rated for. I've taken my BB everywhere. Camping, boating, sailing, hiking, cycling, fishing, clubbing... everywhere. I chose it over the SB because it's small enough to fit in a pocket and it's been in all of mine at one time or another. It was run over by a truck once. It was in the grass, but still....I wiped it down, changed the carto and vaped on like nothing happened.
Believe me, this thing is nearly indestructible. I imagine fire or total submersion in salt water would be about the only thing that could stop it. Even then, it would be repairable. How many other PV's can say that?
In two years, the switch has not once misfired or gotten stuck. The threads are as smooth as the day I got it. Smoother in fact. There's not one bit of slop in the threads, despite the fact I've been less than faithful to any lubrication schedule. I've used just about every battery and atty and carto combination possible and it's worked great with every one of them. It's not too big or small, heavy or light. It won't break the bank on batteries either. Two AW 14500's last me nearly all day on a 2.7-3.0 ohm carto. If I wasn't a chain vaper, I'm sure they'd last all day easily.
There are fancier PV's out there. But unless you really need to play around with numbers and go with a V.V. model, there's no reason to look any further. In the last 2 years, I've just recently even given any thought to buying another unit. If I get a single voltage PV, it'll be a SB.
My recommendation for anyone upgrading from a starter 510 or other cigarette look-alike is to save yourself some money, time and probably months of frustration. Don't risk the switch problems and leaks and shorts that are so common with lesser models. Don't let the limitations of a sealed battery limit your options of cartos. Just skip the Ego step. Bite the bullet and spring for a BB or the equally performing SB instead. A few months or a year from now, you're going to do it anyway and there's no sense depriving yourself of months of great vaping in the meantime. This time next year, you'll thank me. A year later, you'll thank me again.
Lastly, Since I've never had even the slightest problem with my BB I have nothing to say about customer care or service support of altsmokes except that I got it fast and the order was filled accurately. I'll let people who bought other lesser models speak to the quality of their follow up service. I've heard it's top notch. But do you really want to have to find out for yourself? Get the BB and, like me, you may never need to find out either. (Posted on 3/2/12)
- Excellent Product Review by Tommy
- I just received my BB yesterday, and I love it! It's small, light, just the perfect size to keep in your pocket and carry around anywhere, and it produces amazing, consistent vapor. The construction is solid and simple, and the color (pink!) looks great. I would definitely recommend this to anyone, although the price is pretty steep. But this should last a lifetime, and replacement batteries are only 5 bucks if one ever goes bad. I should also add that customer service at altsmoke is great, they have been quick to respond to any problems or questions. (I'm referring to the fact that my first color choice was out of stock, and some trouble I've had getting the atomizers clear of the primer taste, not any problems with the BB itself.) Get this, you won't be sorry! (Posted on 10/20/11)
- Fantastic! Review by Madmax
I flipped a coin and ordered the BB over the Silver Bullet. I kinda thought the SB would be too big for what I wanted, I'm glad I ordered the BB, this is exactly what I wanted and had in mind!
To me, this thing rocks! It gives me a great hit, very similar to a real cigarette.
The size and weight of the BB feel really good. The quality of it looks and feels fantastic, it feels like a solid unit that should last me a long time. The button has a great feel to it.
Overall I am very satisfied with the purchase and would highly recommend this unit to anyone remotely interested.
Thanks for the great service AltSmoke! :) (Posted on 9/7/11)
- My first mod!! Review by Carlton
I bought this used from a friend, it is in well loved condition, at least a year old, and while it's slightly dinged in places, it is obviously a quality device that will last for years to come! The only things I did were cleaning off the contact points (copper spring, and copper pin (?) whatever it's called- the thingy that the top of the battery touches), and BAM! Clouds of vaper, TH, and flavor that I never experienced beforeon my old egos.
After using only ego type batteries that are great, but not true 3.7V, I found myself wanting more. Even used this thing is awesome! My LR cartos are now being used at their full potential.
I guess the point of this review is to let people know how sturdy, and well built these are, and that with a little care they will last a lifetime! (Posted on 8/29/11)
- My first ecig experience, good product. Review by mdocod
While my transition to vaping from normal smokes is very difficult, I am very glad to have gone straight to a "mod" style unit that isn't going to have any reason to give me a problem. It's a very straight-forward device, like an old mechanically activated flashlight. As long as the bulb and batteries are good, something is going to happen. In this case, they made the switch pretty darn good too, should last years and years. The translation is, as long as you have a working atty or carto and a charged up cell that's working right, this "battery tube w/manual switch" will finish the job.
I chose the black finish unit and am very happy with this. I did not want a "blingy" looking unit. This is nice and subtle. The exterior quality is decent. Perhaps the most impressive part of the whole build is the threads that mate the battery compartment to the switch compartment of the housing. Very well machined and very smooth for an aluminum thread. It's a pretty aggressive thread pitch/depth too, so it has obviously been engineered with repetitive operations in mind.
The size of the BB is reasonably manageable. It will fit in a cargo pocket or heavy jacket pocket without a problem. I would have reservations about any tight fitted pocket as the switch *might* accidentally activate in there. The unit is actually over-sized more than it really needs to be. On mine, the inside diameter appears to be bored to accept 2x15270 (CR2) size cells. I would suggest against using this option for safety and practicality reasons regardless of which garbage cells you can find to fit in there (protection does not equal safety in this situation). I would have preferred that the body size be slightly slimmer and the inside bore be tightened down to fit the AA(14500) size cell more snuggly. OR... this body size would have easily supported a 17500 size cell with slight changes to the threading of the body. That would have doubled the capacity of the mod and allowed the use of both a protected cell while simultaneously using a high enough capacity to actually make it safe to do so.
I am using IMR14500s and a Pila IBC to drive this unit and am very happy with this configuration. I would like to see AltSmoke offer battery/charger related accessories that are of the same quality level as their big battery mod ecigs. Ultrafire is a bottom barrel brand that only serves to insult the true capability of the BB/SB/Omegas. With safe chemistry high current capable low resistance 14500s, the BB can produce incredible vapor on low resistance cartos/atty's without the need for dangerous CR2 "5V" attempts which all run the cells like rented mules. A few IMR14500s will last hundreds and hundreds of cycles in an ecig app like this, probably translating out to YEARS of service. Cheap, safer, effective, reliable. Enjoy. (I use AW brand).
-mdocod (Posted on 12/30/10)
- BB with passthrough Review by Frank
- Didn't have any plans to use the BB as a 3.7v device. I wanted a pass through. I have been using 3 silver bullets over the past year and they are by far the best mods I have used. I went with the BB and the pass through option because of the build quality. This thing hits like a silver bullet with new and freshly charged batteries every time. I really love it. Thanks guys! (Posted on 12/2/10)
- A Must Have! A+ - Amazing. Review by James - Fort Lauderdale, FL.
- The best 3.7 (4.1v with Hot Spring if I'm not mistaken), device on the market hands down. It fits so well in your hands, and vapes out of this world. I Cartomize 100% of the time (Low Resistance with 3.x 4.x) - And man, this things put's out blooms of amazing vapor. Even the inhale is great. It's not quite up to par with a 6.0v device of course for that nice throat hit and nice buzz effect, but gets the job done that's for sure. Don't hesitate, it's a must have. I recommend Silver Vein (Much more durable, and extremely sexy in person, pictures don't do justice at all). (Posted on 12/1/10)