Switch: Completely Mechanical
Battery: Uses a Protected 14500 battery Please Read Battery Section Below!
Body: Constructed from 6061 aircraft aluminum. tapered for comfort and grip.Comes in Chrome, Silver Vein, or Black.
Warranty:6 month Warranty from Mechanical failure. (Doesn't include batteries/atomizers)
What's in the Box?
Well it depends on what you add, if you just buy the Alpha it will not come with anything but the unit. We set this up rather than adding a kit options for people who already own parts to be able to just purchase the parts they need.
Example Kit for New Owners
1 - Alpha (Threaded for 510 Atomizer)
2 - Protected 14500 Batteries 3.7v
2 - Yeti Atomizers
1 - Battery Case
1 - Drip Tip
1 - 10ml Bottle of our Popular Tobacco or Popular Mentholto drip with.
Warnings about Products:
Battery Adapter Maintenance Guide
Why do I want this?
Because it's awesome? This unit was designed mainly for more advanced Electronic Cigarette Users and is not recommended for People that are just coming in. If you are New to the Electronic CIgarette world I would recommend starting off with a Yeti Starter Kit.
I'd hate for people to blow out atomizers due to not using them properly, user error is not warrantied so please have a basic understanding of using the device before purchasing this!
What Batteries do I use?
This unit was made to hold ONE Protected 14500 Battery and this is the only battery that we recommend.
AltSmoke LLC. will not be held responsible or liable for any injury, damage, or defect, permanent or temporary that may be caused by the improper use of a LI-ION battery. Please have a basic understanding of the batteries you are using and how to care for them properly.
Read the information found at:
Battery University before purchasing. It is important to carry batteries properly, recharge properly, and dispose properly.
**** PLEASE DO NOT USE UNPROTECTED BATTERIES IN THESE UNITS. Please note that using two batteries in series (stacking) can increase chance of battery failure. If you decide to use this setup, please know that this is a USE AT YOUR OWN RISK and is not recommended by AltSmoke, LLC.
Special Note: Since this is a Mechanical Mod the over-fastening of atomizers, cartomizers, tanks, etc may cause damage to the center post of the device. This could cause damage to the device and may cause a short. This will cause the battery to discharge and may potentially cause the battery to vent. The device does have Vent Holes in case this happens. We do recommend properly storing the batteries when the device is not in use.
Mechanical Mod Caution Notes:
- Never store a mod in your pocket, purse or anywhere else that may allow the Mod to activate.
- There is no protection built in to the unit and we recommend using a Rechargeable Protected Li-Ion 18650.
- Avoid over tightening atomizers, cartomizers, RBA's, and Tanks on to the threading of the device. Finger tip tight is good enough and does not need to be cranked down all the way until it doesn't move.
- Over tightening of the Mechanical Mod may cause the unit to continuously fire unintentionally and could damage the battery or internal components.
- Use caution when storing Mechanical Mods, we do recommend removing the battery and storing the battery in a Battery Case
- When using RBA's on these devices, make sure that your RBA is properly built without shorts and that the battery you are using is able to handle the resistance. We do not recommend using atomizers on this device below 1.5ohms.
- When using Rebuildable Atomizers (RBA) make sure that you use a OHM tester to verify that there isn't a short before using.
Other Battery Caution Notes:
- Do not over-discharge/overcharge
- Recharge empty batteries (resting voltage ~3.6V) as soon as possible. Leaving batteries in discharged state will incur irreversible damage (capacity / cycle loss)
- Do not short circuit ( will release tremendous current )
- Do not dispose of in fire.
- Do not leave battery in Vehicles.
- Do not carry batteries loose in your pocket, purse or anywhere they can make contact with other metal objects..
- Never leave a battery charging unattended.
- Discontinue use of a battery if it looks worn, outter wrapping is torn, or it's acting unusual.
NOTE: Use special caution when working with Li-ion or Li-MN cells, they are very sensitive to charging characteristics and may explode or burn if mishandled. Make sure the user has enough knowledge of Li-Ion rechargeable batteries in charging, discharging and assembly before use. Always charge in/on a fire-proof surface. Never leave charging batteries unattended. We are not responsible for damage if there is any modification of the batteries/chargers in any form or shape (including pack making). We are not responsible for any damage caused by misuse or mishandling of batteries and chargers. We only recommend using Lithium Ion rechargeable batteries with a control circuit (protection PCB) to assure safe charge, discharge, etc, use of lithium ion batteries without a protection circuit is potentially hazardous
AltSmoke LLC. will not be held responsible or liable for any injury, damage, or defect, permanent or temporary that may be caused by the improper use of an Li-MN or LI-ION battery. Please have a basic understanding of the batteries you are using and how to care for them properly.
- simply the best Review by wickerstick
- I've had my Alpha for about a year now, this is my second one since my first was taken from me. This one I will not let out of my sight! Vaping with a tank and carto setup currently running this bad boy stacked with cr2's at 6 volts ( I realized its not warren tied or recommended) out of all my mods and vapes, this is my favorite, such quality craftsmanship and boy is it sturdy, been dropped, activated in long periods in my pocket a couple times. Taken down many times for cleaning. I get unparalleled quality of smooth consistent vapor, blowing clouds of vapor. I can get the same amount of vapor in 3 seconds than long pulls on my other setups. Tried all of altsmokes mods but this will always be my favorite. The mechanical switch is great very simple and won't break like a button design. Will get another one as soon as they become more available on the market. It was my number 1 portable vape but I'm so scared of losing it that I retired it to home use to keep it safe, plus since there always out of stock I may never be able to get another one! Altsmoke guys rock ESP Chad he saved me when my first one was taken and sent me one from the shop! Customer service is top notch here I will be a customer for life! (Posted on 9/15/12)
- Another stellar PV from Altsmoke Review by Robert
- I have really been enjoying the ALPHA. It is the same fine craftsmanship that is expected of all Altsmoke made PVs and feels great in your hand. The chrome finish is amazing and looks really sharp. A durable, sleek and elegant design that will serve you well for many years to come. (Posted on 11/2/11)
- really nice Review by Bryan
Just got my Alpha, really beautiful craftsmanship. The texture and look of the Silver Vein finish is awesome, fits nice in the hand and is not too weighty. This is by far the best PV I have ever owned.
Thanks Chad and to everyone at Altsmoke for putting out a fantastic product (Posted on 8/3/11)
- ESmoker Perfect !! Review by Tord
Have just received my Alpha. And I'm very pleased. I where surprised that it happened so fast to get the package. Meny thanks Altsmoke.
Sweden ESmoker :-) (Posted on 8/1/11)
- Beautiful Simplicity Review by VapeOn
- Having owned a Silver Bullet for over a year I decided it was time for a new PV, the craftsmanship and reliability of the SB led me back to ALTSmoke, there simply wasn't an ultra reliable 14500 alternative without a ridiculous price tag available, I opted for the Alpha over the BB because the design should mean it lasts pretty much forever or at least as long as the atomizer connection, unless it gets ran over by a tank of course. I got the black version because it matches the most common colour for atomizers and cartomizer and the finish is impeccable. It fits perfectly in my hand and shirt pocket, is light, about half the weight of an SB and feels lovely to hold and operate, the 'switch operation feels even more natural than a side button. 10/10. (Posted on 7/6/11)
- Great First Mod Review by Marcelo
I wanted something small and indestructible. This is the one. Very well made. There are more expensive tube mods out there but this one is perfect. Good attention to detail and well designed
Torque guy (Posted on 6/14/11)
- Proud owner of a chrome Omega and Alpha Review by JD
- (Posted on 6/13/11)
- PERFECT Review by DippiddyDoo
I love the compact size of this mod. I used it with a 510 LR 1.7um atty, drip tip and Key Lime Pie (18mg) never tasted better. Heavily vaped for 3 days before battery needed a charge.
Perfect in every way. This is my first and last mod. I don't feel the need to explore ($$$) more. One and done. (Posted on 6/7/11)
- Awesomeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!!!!!!!!! Review by Philip
The Alpha kicks! and its light enough to wear as an ear ring compared to the Omega! I own both and the vape on both is the best ever! I watched the video demo that is currently in the description page of the Alpha...and actually I thought it was only slightly smaller because of the way the guy described it and the way the video was shot........Ooooo nooo, its MUCH smaller, very, very light and super travel friendy!! Perfect!
I've tried it now with a regular 510 atty and a Low Rez 510 Atty and both are incredible! Why the heck would anyone want to vape at 6v? I'll figure that out someday. Side by side with the Omega they are the same horse as far as what you get in vapor! Heck, I don't even care which one I grab while I'm at the house!
Just as a side note to maintenance.....I just cleaned my Omega yesterday after 6 months of use....I've dropped it a billion times...flooded it just as many and it hardly needed cleaning! I'm expected the same awesome durability and care-free vape out of the Alpha since it the same design...not worried a bit about it!
Happy Vaping! And a huge Thank YOU to the men and women of AltSmoke!!! I'm 6 months without smoking a regular cigarette and I save 75% (Posted on 6/6/11)
- First impressions. I love it! Review by ChadC
I've had a Silver Bullet for about a year now, and love the ting ... but ... Super battery life, great for 6v a real tank. Problem is, it is a bit heavy to take out. Especially in the summer when I don't have a jacket pocket to toss it in.
For that reason I was thinking about a BB, but when I saw the alpha, I thought I'd give it a try. It is a Chad product after all! The SB is so good, I knew I could not go wrong. I didn't! It is great!
It arrived today (monday, I ordered it on Saturday! YIKES! THATS FAST! I just went with USPS for delivery so WOW!
The Alpha is AMAZING! The fit and finish are up to ... no... they exceed that of my trusty old SB. It kicks out the vapor like a champ, and fits easily in my shirt pocket! JUST what I was looking for. Compared to the SB this thing is amazingly light. I have not tested battery life yet, but gonna give it a try tomorrow at work. I have an extra battery just incase, but as my SB lasts on average 2 days, I guessing this will make it.
I got the chrome finish. WOW. I think he is real chrome plate now because this is bling. (My old SB is Aluminum, it will shine, but over time, I think only a buffer will bring it back) I see no defects or flaws in the finish or construction.
I was a little worried about the switch design. I'm so used to pressing a button with my thumb that I did not know if this plunger idea would work. It does. It is amazingly natural to hold and fire it, without any "thumb fatigue" The switch is decisive, and firm enough to know it's there, but not so stiff as to be any kind of a problem. I think I love it.
In short, if you are looking for a small mod that has great design, style, construction, and an innovative switch that just feels natural on the hand, give this thing a look. You won't be sorry. This thing is a winner!
(Posted on 5/9/11)
- Look No Farther, Simply THE BEST Review by Darth Vaper
- I have had this mod for about 3 weeks now for me has been simply amazing! Like many I started on the "stick" style e-cigs because they are advertized so well. I quickly (within a week) realized that their claims of battery life and cartomizer life was completely false and it was returned for refund. I have other mods (3.7v & 6v) which simply cannot compare. The Alpha is light weight, small, and keeps me vaping for over 2 days on a single charge. I can roll with it in my pocket with 2 bottles of juice and not even know its there. Coupled with a low resistance atomizer and a drip tip and its heaven. Low resistance Making my own juices ensures its a perfect vape each and every time. I vape this every day and have shelved all others. Its perfect! (Posted on 4/28/11)
- Friggin Awesome! Review by Noah
Firsties! lol, couldn't help myself.
This is a beautiful mod, in both size and finish. The pictures just don't do it justice. Sitting next to my SB, it's so small! The Silver Vein is a super nice touch. My SB is chrome, and while it looks amazing when it's clean, it's only like that until you actually touch it. You'd have to drop the Silver Vein in mud to get noticeable dirt, and I bet it would still look good anyway. For 3.7 volt users, it's no contest, get this mod. For 6 volt users, beware that it voids your warranty. Otherwise, I have 2 CR2s from madvapes and a 3 ohm carto, and it works just as well as my SB if not better. This is my first mechanical switch, and I have completely fallen in love with it, and I've only had it a couple hours. If you are like me, and you read reviews before buying something, you can take this review to the bank. These things are going to be hot, so I suggest snagging one up while they are in stock! (Posted on 4/7/11)